You need to:
- Design a language teaching lesson plan (L2 English for Arabic L1 students) for a 1-period (45 minutes) for Grade 3 class.
- What part of language are you teaching? (adjectives, nouns, past tense)
- How will you break up the session?
- What activities will you add?
- What resources will you use?
- Do you need to use technology?
- How will you ensure you address differentiation?
- How are you measuring meta-linguistic awareness?
- What 3 questions will you ask students (to ensure they understand the concept(s)?)
- Then write a small theoretical rationale to support their design choices.
- What theories are you using to plan the session? Constructivism? Behaviourism? Audiolingual aspects? Sociocultural theories? Cognitive theories?
- How will you deal with errors?
- How will you accommodate corrective feedback? What type of corrective feedback?
- What type of classroom environment are you creating? Structure-based instruction? Communicative instruction?
Consult chapters 4,5 and 6 in the course textbooks or similar material.post 2022-10-10 11:47:54